The purpose of this assignment is to acquire, using as a guide specific experience for each student group, the tools and concepts essential to an understanding of nuclear physics.
Thus we propose the following steps:
- Familiarity with instrumentation,
- Study the statistics of nuclear phenomena,
- Study of interactions of alpha, beta and gamma radiation with matter,
- Study of coincidences for the calculation of the activity of a source.
- Experiment IV: Sebastian Schulte
- Experiment V: Veronica Kirsebom
- Experiment VI: Vladimir Macko
- Experiment X: Surapat Ek-In
All documents are only available in French, but the teaching and report can generally be given in English.
The Particle Data Group provides a number of documents which may be of use during the course: